If you are visiting Italy in Europe, helicopter flights should not be missed in Rome. It is the largest city in the country and the third largest in the European Union. Fly over the Colosseum, the Vatican or the port city of Naples with Vesuvius. But the Amalfi Coast or the islands of Capri or Ischia are also worth a visit.
The city was the center of the world in ancient times. Over 80,000 km of roads led to Rome, not including the waterways. As long as the city was supplied with goods from Egypt such as wheat, art from Greece or wine from Spain, it was thought that the world empire would never end.
The city never went under and will last for a long time. The last columns of the Colosseum show the splendor of the past days and will still charm our grandchildren with the beauty of antiquity.
Rome - Italy - Helicopter Flights in Europe – Tours, Rides & Cargo
Capital of the country: Rome - officially Roma Capitale
City altitude: 37 m s.l.m.
City area: 1,285,306 km²
Number of inhabitants: 2,837,332 with surrounding area approx. 4 million inhabitants
Airport: Ciampino and Fiumicino Airport - IATA airport code: FCO - ICAO airport code: LIRF,
Sights of the city:
- Colosseum - the largest built amphitheater in the world
- Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi - at 26 meters high and around 50 meters wide, the largest fountain in Rome. An old popular belief says that you should throw coins over your shoulder in the well. One coin ensures a repeat visit, a second coin ensures that you fall in love with a Roman and the third coin that you can build a future here with your bride or groom. So if you want to get rid of your husband or wife, you should always flip three coins! The donated money (over 1.2 million euros per year) will be made available to Caritas.
- Vatican Museums in Vatican City: papal art collections
- St. Peter's Square - here is the state border between Italy and the Vatican City
- St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican: St. Peter's Basilica, Memorial Church of the Apostle Simon Peter. It is one of the city's seven pilgrimage churches.
- Roman Forum - the oldest Roman forum and was the center of religious, political, economic and cultural life.
- Palatine Hill: is one of the seven hills of the city and is considered the oldest inhabited part
- MAAM - collective work of art
- Spanish Steps: probably the largest open staircase in the world
- Villa Borghese: park
- Borghese Gallery: art gallery
- Pantheon - built in 125 AD. It is the best preserved building from antiquity
- Capitol with Capitol Square - belongs to the seven hills of ancient Rome
- Street Art: public art in the Eternal City
- Piazza del Popolo - one of the most famous squares in the city
- Campo de ‘Fiori in the center: in the Parione district, east of the Tiber river. Statue of the philosopher Giordano Bruno. He was burned there on February 17, 1600 as a heretic.
- Piazza Navona in the Parione district: Piazza Navona is one of the most characteristic squares of the ancient city
- Castel Sant'Angelo: Castel Sant'Angelo - mausoleum for the Roman emperor Hadrian. Later on it was converted into a fort by various popes. At the moment the Castel Sant'Angelo is used as a museum.
- Monumento Vittorio Emanuele II: national monument
Circus Maximus: the largest circus in ancient times. It had a total length of 600 meters and a width of 140 meters. In the Augustur period it had 150,000 seats and later around 250,000 seats.
Extra promotion for a great country
Italy is a huge museum. A visit should last at least three weeks. With a round trip you can also visit the canals of Venice, the famous Tuscany, Milan, Lake Garda, Florence, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and the wonderful mountains in South Tyrol. This includes Genoa and Taormina in Sicily and the typical Italian seaside resorts such as the famous Rimini, Lignano and Jesolo.
Exclusive travel destinations in Italy are Sardinia, Capri, Positano and Ischia. The German Chancellor Angela Merkel has often spent her holidays on the latter island, and not without reason. The hot springs are slightly radioactive and heal many joint pains in a short time. You can quickly reach the islands from Naples by helicopter or ferry. The whole of Ischia is beautiful, but the coastal town of Sant'Angelo is a specialty!
Rome Cargo Flights - Air Charter Service - Jet Charter
Depending on the freight, our area of responsibility can vary. We offer tailor-made solutions and adapt our services to your needs. Whether the transport of church bells to the Vatican - we will find the perfect way for your transport problems.
- Transport of heavy marble or granite - Air conditioning systems for high-rise buildings or hospitals - Private jet charter - Air Charter Service - Air Concierge -Mountain rescue - Industrial building - Fire fighting - Sea rescue service - Spare parts delivery for wind turbines (wind farms) - Transmission masts in the mountains or the sea - Concrete or cement to construction sites - Pipes, spare parts, food to islands - urgent spare parts - Antennas and transmission masts - Transport of church bells - Delivery of building materials to construction sites - Passenger transportation for gas or oil islands
- Transport of heavy marble or granite
- Air conditioning systems for high-rise buildings or hospitals
- Private jet charter
- Air Charter Service
- Air Concierge
- Industrial building
- Fire fighting
- Sea rescue service
- Spare parts delivery for wind turbines (wind farms)
- Transmission masts in the mountains or the sea
- Concrete or cement to construction sites
- Pipes, spare parts, food to islands
- urgent spare parts
- Antennas and transmission masts
- Transport of church bells
- Delivery of building materials to construction sites
- Passenger transportation for gas or oil islands
Give away a flight into the sky over the Vatican or over the roofs of Rome with the many historical sights. For all tourists who want to discover the capital of Italy from lofty heights, a gift voucher is a great idea. Whether for a birthday, golden wedding or engagement - present your loved ones with a special present.
For further questions or requests, please contact us.
Your Rome Helicopter Team
Wir sprechen auch Deutsch. Gerne schreiben wir Sie in deutscher Sprache an und informieren über Hubschrauber Rundflüge in Rome und Umgebung!