On this Helicopter Flight we would like to offer you the fastest way to experience a Big Five Safaris in and around Cape Town. The Inverdoorn Game Reserve, situated in South Africa’s Small Karoo, is one of Cape Town’s top game reserves, offering day trip safaris as well as safaris with overnight accommodation for you to experience Africa’s largest wild animals close up.
Big Five Safaris - Cape Town Helicopter Safari in South Africa
We offer three different game reserves in three different price categories, Inverdoorn coming highly recommended amongst the three.
Our per person rates at a glance:
- Inverdoon Game Reserve fly-in safari – 1 day - from ZAR 22.000
- Aquilla Game Reserve fly-in safari – 1 day - from ZAR 21.000
- Sanbona luxury safari - 1 day – from ZAR 23.600 – flight only - accommodation from ZAR 8.545 per person including meals & two Safaris
- Day trip safari from ZAR 2.000 per person
- 2 day-safari with accommodation from ZAR 2.965 to ZAR 5.994 per person – excluding air travel
- We can arrange reasonably priced accommodation at the Game Reserves such as accommodation in guest houses, chalets, luxury chalets as well as an ambassador suite. Please enquire with us about rates.
- Rates for accommodation include 2 safaris as well as 1 lunch and dinner.
- Minimum 2 people per booking.
- Higher rates for air travel apply for 2 day safaris. Please enquire about our rates.
Our fly-in safari starts at Cape Town’s beautiful Victoria & Alfred Waterfront where our crew will give you a warm welcome at our airport terminal at the previously arranged time of your arrival. We will determine your body weight for the purpose of establishing loading capacity on board, whereupon you will be familiarised with our safety instructions and handed a lifejacket. Following this, our flight attendants will accompany you to the helicopter, where our pilot will introduce himself and welcome you on board.
With the gradual increase in rotation of the rotor blades, the helicopter lifts off with a jerk and flies vertically into the air, from where you will almost instantly be able to marvel at Table Mountain in all its glory. We will set course for Cape Town’s largest wine-growing area heading towards Paarl. You will experience truly majestic mountain ranges en route towards the Karoo and will notice rapidly changing landscapes, eventually turning into a semi-desert, offering countless miracles of nature. On our way to the Game Reserve you will be able to marvel at breathtakingly beautiful landscapes. Video: Big Five Safaris
Should you have opted for a day trip safari, you will meet and be introduced to your game ranger and take your seat in a 4x4 which will take you into Africa’s animal kingdom. It is our utmost goal that you get to see South Africa’s Big 5. Seeing that the leopard is a nocturnal predator, it is not always possible to spot one of these spotted beauties. Should, however, a fellow member of the species try to challenge another leopard for his territory, we might be lucky enough to see one of them in daylight. Elephants, buffalos, lions, rhinos, hippos, giraffes and many more wild animals will definitely be on our list and allow for unforgettable memories. After 2.5 hours we will arrive back at the Game Lodge where you will be offered lunch and refreshments.
We will meet you back at the helicopter at the previously arranged time and start our return flight back to Cape Town.
For more information please write us an email and we will get back to you shortly.
Your Cape Town Helicopter Team